- G. Zhang, X. Tong, Q. Hong and C. D. Booth, “Waveform Similarity-Based Robust Pilot Protection for Transmission Lines,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, doi: 10.1109/TPWRD.2021.3099348.
- G. Zhang, X. Tong, Q. Hong, X. Lu and C. Booth, “A Novel Fault Isolation Scheme in Power System with Dynamic Topology using Wide-area Information,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, doi: 10.1109/TII.2021.3095254.
- Q. Hong, A. Khan, C. Henderson, A. Àlvarez, D. Tzelepis, C. Booth, Addressing Frequency Control Challenges in Future Low-Inertia Power Systems: A Great Britain Perspective, Engineering, 2021, ISSN 2095-8099, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eng.2021.06.005.
- R. Jiang, G. Bao, Q. Hong and C. D. Booth, “A Coupling Method for Identifying Arc Faults Based on Short-Observation-Window SVDR,” in IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 70, pp. 1-10, 2021, Art no. 3513810, doi: 10.1109/TIM.2021.3067660.
- M. Karimi, M. Farshad, Q. Hong, H. Laaksonen, and K. Kauhaniemi, “An Islanding Detection Technique for Inverter-Based Distributed Generation in Microgrids,” Energies, vol. 14, no. 1, p. 130, Dec. 2020.
- E. Tsotsopoulou, A. Dyśko, Q. Hong, A. Elwakeel, M. Elshiekh, W. Yuan, C. Booth, and D. Tzelepis, “Modelling and Fault Current Characterization of Superconducting Cable with High Temperature Superconducting Windings and Copper Stabilizer Layer,” Energies, vol. 13, no. 24, p. 6646, Dec. 2020.
- K. Vatta Kkuni, G. Yang, Q. Hong and C. Booth, “Improved MIMO Modelling and Enhanced Transient Performance of Phase Locked Loop During Grid Fault,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2021, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2021.3073307.
- Q. Hong et al., “A New Load Shedding Scheme with Consideration of Distributed Energy Resources Active Power Ramping Capability,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2021, doi: 10.1109/TPWRS.2021.3090268.
- D. Tzelepis , V. Psaras, E. Tsotsopoulou, S. Mirsaeidi, A. Dyśko, Q. Hong, X. Dong, S. Blair, V. Nikolaidis, V. Papaspiliotopoulos, P. Niewczas, G. Fusiek and C. Booth, “Voltage and Current Measuring Technologies for High Voltage Direct Current Supergrids: A Technology Review Identifying the Options for Protection, Fault Location and Automation Applications,” in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 203398-203428, 2020, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3035905.
- L. Ji, Z. Cao, Q. Hong, X. Chang, Y. Fu, J. Shi, Y. Mi, and Z. Li, “An Improved Inverse-Time Over-Current Protection Method for a Microgrid with Optimized Acceleration and Coordination,” Energies, vol. 13, no. 21, p. 5726, Nov. 2020.
- L. JI, J. SHI, Y. FU, Q. HONG, X. CHANG, Z. CAO, Y. MI, Z. LI, and C. Booth, “A Multi-Objective Control Strategy for Three Phase Grid-Connected Inverter During Unbalanced Voltage Sag,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 2490-2500, Aug. 2021, doi: 10.1109/TPWRD.2020.3025158.
- S. Zhou, Z. Hu, W. Gu, M. Jiang, M. Chen, Q. Hong, C. Booth, Combined heat and power system intelligent economic dispatch: A deep reinforcement learning approach, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Volume 120, 2020,106016, ISSN 0142-0615, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2020.106016.
- D. Tzelepis, S. Mirsaeidi, A. Dyśko, Q. Hong, J. He and C. Booth, “Intelligent Fault Location in MTDC Networks by Recognizing Patterns in Hybrid Circuit Breaker Currents During Fault Clearance Process,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 3056-3068, May 2021, doi: 10.1109/TII.2020.3003476.
- Q. Hong et al., “Design and Validation of a Wide Area Monitoring and Control System for Fast Frequency Response,” in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 3394-3404, July 2020, doi: 10.1109/TSG.2019.2963796.
- Q. Hong, I. Abdulhadi, D. Tzelepis, A. Roscoe, B. Marshall and C. Booth, “Realization of High Fidelity Power-Hardware-in-the-Loop Capability Using a MW-Scale Motor-Generator Set,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 6835-6844, Aug. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2019.2937038.
- R. Li, J. Zhu, Q. Hong, C. Booth, A. Dysko, A. Roscoe, and H. Urdal, Impact of Low (zero) Carbon Power Systems on Power System Protection: a New Evaluation Approach Based on a Flexible Modelling and Hardware Testing Platform, IET Renewable Power Generation, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rpg.2019.0518.
- F. Yu, C. Booth, A. Dysko and Q. Hong, Wide-Area Backup Protection and Protection Performance Analysis Scheme Using PMU Data, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2019.03.060.
- S. Zhou, D. He, W. Gu, Z. Wu, Q. Hong, and C. Booth, Design and Evaluation of Three Operational Scheduling Approaches for HCNG Penetrated Integrated Energy System, IEEE ACCESS, vol. 7, pp. 87792-87807, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2925197.
- S. Zhou, F. Zou, Z. Wu, W. Gu, Q. Hong, and C. Booth, A Smart Community Energy Management Scheme Considering User Dominated Demand Side Response and P2P Trading, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2019.105378.
- C. Ciontea, Q. Hong, C. Booth, C. Bak, F. Blaabjerg, K. Madsen, and C. Sterregaard, Improved Protection System for Phase Faults on Marine Vessels Based on Ratio between Negative-Sequence and Positive-Sequence of the Fault Current, IET Electrical Systems in Transportation, 2018, DOI: 10.1049/iet-est.2017.0099.
- C. Ciontea, C. Bak, F. Blaabjerg, Q. Hong, C. Booth, and K. Madsen, Utilisation of Symmetrical Components in a Communication-Based Protection for Loop MV Feeders with Variable Short-Circuit Power, IET Journal of Engineering, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1049/joe.2018.0174.
- Q. Hong, M. Nedd, S. Norris, I. Abdulhadi, M. Karimi, V. Terzija, B Marshall, K. Bell, and C. Booth, Fast Frequency Response for Effective Frequency Control in Power Systems with Low Inertia, IET Journal of Engineering, 2018, DOI: 10.1049/joe.2018.8599.
- Q. Hong, S. M. Blair, C. D. Booth, V. M. Catterson, A. Dyśko and T. Rahman, “Enabling Efficient Engineering Processes and Automated Analysis for Power Protection Systems,” in IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 340-349, March 2018, doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2015.2497084.